Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 26, 2008

Vic took the boys today and drove all over town doing work stuff with some fun stops in between. I took Jamie to a birthday party and then we stopped by Walmart and Publix. The birthday party was at the YMCA, just like the last party. This time, I got it right! I am glad Jamie got to go to another party there. I felt pretty bad that she missed most of the last one. Plus, I'm kind of hoping she'll want her party there next year, since it's relatively cheap and the kids all love it. When I brought it up to her after the last party she said, "no way, it takes too long to get to that place." lol.

Jamie got a tiny deck of cards in her goody bag from the party, so after dinner tonight, we all played some cards. We started off with Go Fish, which went well until Vic asked Jamie if she had any Jacks. Apparently, Jamie was quite attached to her Jacks. So she announced (in a loud, angry voice) that she was going to play some other game, where people don't steal kids' Jacks. Harumph. She also proclaimed that since it was her deck, she would be making the rules. And that there was only one rule: NO STEALING KIDS' JACKS. We probably shouldn't have let her get away with that, but we couldn't stop laughing long enough to correct her. So, we played another game with no Jack stealing. Jamie and I shared a hand. Vic won, but we had two Jacks, so there. :-P

No comments: