All three kids went off to school this morning. Caleb was excited, Carson was neutral, Jamie was complaining all the way to the car. I think they all had a good day, though. I had a very quiet morning and just stayed here and worked on laundry.
Caleb was worn out as usual after I picked him up but didn't take much of a nap today, so there was very little peace after I picked him up. He is a lot of fun, though.
Later we picked up Carson and Jamie and headed home just as it began to sprinkle rain. Carson was happy because his class got to watch Charlie Brown today. They also got to pretend they were boxcar children from the book they have been reading, but he said he didn't like that. He also got a piece of gum from his teacher, which made him very happy.
Jamie said her day was okay but complained that she didn't enjoy small group time. She comes up with a complaint every day, I think just so I don't start thinking she likes school. Sounds like they were making shapes out of pretzels and marshmallows, which sounds fun to me. She told me you got to eat the treats after you made a shape so she just didn't make a shape since she didn't want to eat them. I hope she is enjoying school more than she seems to be. It's hard to tell with her since she likes to inject drama into everything that she can. :)
The kids spent the afternoon playing with a couple of boys who live on our street, then we grilled out steaks for dinner. We let the kids stay up a little late tonight, so I am hoping they will sleep in a little tomorrow morning! Caleb will probably still be up with the sun, though. He doesn't like to miss a minute of daylight.
Friday, September 19, 2008
September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment