Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 21, 2008

We made it to church this morning, and on time, too. I was so proud. Our new Sunday School class is studying the Screwtape Letters. I am excited about this, since I like that book a lot and it has been a few years since I have read it. The kids enjoyed their classes, too. Caleb is so proud that he gets to go to the "big class" now, and Jamie, who has complained the past couple of weeks that her SS class was too short, couldn't think of a single complaint about her class today.

We all went by the ice slushy store on the way home and then we stopped by Subway for sandwiches. The kids spent the rest of the afternoon playing at home. The temperature was very pleasant today, so they got to play outside lots.

Later in the afternoon, Jamie and I left the boys playing outside with Vic and headed off to Kroger to pick up a few things. We also stopped by the church and clipped a few roses from the rose garden. Jamie has been wanting to do this for a while. She put them in a vase on our dining room table, even though she told me it wasn't really fancy enough in there for roses. She told me I need to get a shiny table cloth for the dining table if I'm going to put roses on it.

Now I'm off to get everything ready for all three kids to go to school tomorrow morning. This weekend went by fast!

No comments: