Friday, September 26, 2008

September 26, 2008

I had yet another very quiet day today since all three kids headed off to school this morning. It is hard to get used to the house being so quiet. Caleb came home from preschool, ate lunch, and then slept until time to pick up Carson and Jamie. And I had to wake him up then. Preschool really wears him out.

We picked up Carson and Jamie from school and then dropped Jamie off to spend a few hours at Grammy & Grampy's house. When we got home I discovered I had accidentally picked up my spare car key chain instead of my usual set of keys. I'm not sure how I managed that, since I wasn't even in a hurry when I left. Since the spare key chain has no house key on it, we were locked out. So the boys played outside with some other kids for about an hour, and then I finally got the door open using a flat-head screwdriver. We needed to get in to get Carson ready for his first-ever cub scout camp out.

Vic and Carson headed out for the campout tonight with a car packed full of stuff. From the looks of it, you'd never know they'll be back in less than 24 hours. They may be back even sooner since Carson was not too sure about spending the night. I hope they have fun! The boys will be shooting BB guns and bows and arrows. Carson was very excited about that.

Now the little ones are sleeping and I am going to go enjoy a quiet evening after a very quiet day. I know there will be nothing quiet about tomorrow, though! Saturdays are never quiet around here.

No comments: