Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23, 2008

This morning started off with Jamie crying and begging me not to send her to school. She has been doing this a fair amount lately, and I hate it. I so regret putting her in the full-day program. Hopefully she will adjust soon.

After that Caleb and I had a peaceful morning and afternoon together. We played outside, he rode his little golf cart, and we did a lot of laundry. He likes to help put it away.

We picked up Carson and Jamie, who came home with their fall fundraiser catalogs. So, if anyone needs wrapping paper, we've got it! Well, we have order forms for it.

We ordered pizza for dinner and then when Vic got home from work, I left for my first-ever PTA meeting. I've never been to one before because in the past they have always been on the same night as Vic's real estate investors meeting. They introduced the new officers and quickly went over the budget. It wasn't nearly as long or boring as I thought it would be. There were also tables set up where we could sign a petition to have the school board superintendent come in to speak to us about converting the school into a K-8. I am all for this as long as the very little kids are kept away from the kids in the upper grades. This would save us a whole lot of money since, as it stands now, our kids will be in private school after 5th grade.

After the meeting I headed to the kids classrooms to chat with the teachers and check out what they have been doing. In Carson's class, all the kids had drawn themselves on paper and then cut it out and taped it to their chair so it looked as if they were sitting in the chair. It was really cute. Carson's had a very tiny head. I wish I'd had my camera.

Jamie's teachers said that she was doing well, although they did mention that she got teary sometimes during class. I wish I hadn't heard that as I had been telling myself she was fine once she got to school. The classroom looks like fun, though. There were lots of pictures around, and she definitely didn't look sad in any of them.

I arrived home to discover Vic had made no progress at all towards getting them in the bed. So, I had to move fast. Jamie is in her bed but still awake. She'll be a bear in the morning!

I need to go finish up that laundry now and get some rest.

No comments: