We enjoyed our cookout today with Grammy & Grampy and a couple of people Vic works with. We had our cookout at lunch time this year so that the kids would have time to wind down for bed after it was over.
The kids ended up spending the afternoon with friends over playing. I think it was a pretty good day to end summer vacation. It's hard to believe the first day of school has arrived!
They were all in bed by 8:00, but not all asleep. I think Carson is pretty nervous. Jamie is very excited, and Caleb just wasn't too tired because he had a nap this afternoon.
We are watching Hurricane Hanna and it looks like the kids' first week of school may be cut short. If it continues on the predicted path, we will probably leave town on Thursday morning. I am going to pack up a few things tomorrow, just in case. TS Ike is right behind Hanna, too. It has been a long time since we have had to evacuate, nine years in fact, so I can't complain. This time we will get an earlier start and hopefully the trip to Atlanta won't take 12 hours!
I will try to post first day of school pictures tomorrow morning sometime.
Monday, September 1, 2008
September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Evacuation is for quitters! During Katrina, I sat outside and laughed.
Post a Comment