Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 12, 2008

This morning was one of those mornings where you wish you could sleep and sleep and sleep. It was very rainy and dark. I had to get up, though, because we had church and because I had remembered last night that we were having a pot luck after church and I had nothing to take. It was written on my calendar, but it still managed to sneak up on me. Anyway, I got dressed and ready and headed out to Publix for a few things. I was surprised how crowded the store was on an early, rainy Sunday morning.

Last night, I was asked to fill in for one of Carson's Sunday School teachers. One of his teachers is sick, and the other one is out of town. So, I agreed. I had no materials, and, as it turned out, no helper, so I just had to wing it. I recruited Vic to come help, and we went over their bible verse and then worked on cards for pastor appreciation day(the reason for our pot luck lunch). There were only 5 kids, so that went pretty well.

We stayed for the Pastor Appreciation lunch but ended up leaving before it was over. They had a few speakers, so it lasted a while and Caleb was getting very tired, so we slipped out early. We came home and enjoyed a very quiet, rainy afternoon. Vic and Caleb went out to run a few errands and a little girl from across the street came over to play with Jamie. They had fun playing princesses and dressing up until they got into an argument because they both wanted to be sleeping beauty and neither one wanted to be the prince. So, there was almost a four-year-old princess meltdown. Luckily it was resolved fairly quickly when they switched to playing princess hide and seek.

It is still raining and I can't wait to go to sleep. I love these nice, cool rainy days!

No comments: