Saturday, October 18, 2008

October 18, 2008

This morning was another rainy Saturday morning and a little chilly, too. Jamie and I headed off for gymnastics. I dropped her off at her class and then went and walked on the treadmill until time to pick her up. This time I went into the "fresh start" room, which is basically a small room with workout equipment for people who are really out of shape. I like it because it's quiet and you can actually hear the TV in there. Too bad there was absolutely nothing on and I ended up watching political news on Fox & Friends. There may have been something on, but I was trying to change the channels on the very-high-up-in-the-air TV with an actual 10-foot pole, and we all know that I don't have the nickname "sledge" for nothing. That thing was wobbling every time I tapped the channel button with the 10-foot pole, so I decided not to taunt it too much. I flipped a few channels and decided I could live with political news.

I picked Jamie up from class, then we headed home so I could get Carson, Caleb and Vic out the door for a birthday party. The boys had fun at the party, and lucky for the parents of the b-day boy, the rain stopped so the kids could play outside in the moon bounce.

Jamie and I baked cupcakes while they were gone for the preschool cookout. I now remember why I usually buy these things. Chocolate icing + a four year old who loves to help = huge mess. It was fun, though.

Once I managed to wipe all the chocolate off of Jamie, she began the tedious process of choosing a princess dress to wear to her friend Anna's birthday party. She finally settled on the butterfly princess dress that she wore for Halloween last year (see pic at top of blog). The guys got home from their party just as Jamie and I left for hers.

The party I took Jamie to had a princess-castle-themed moonbounce that the kids had lots of fun on. The only trouble was that the day got progressively cooler and breezier, so the princesses and their moms were a little chilly. Jamie had fun anyway, and she was thrilled that she got to take home a crown-shaped cookie with pink frosting and sprinkle "jewels".

We went home, quickly changed Jamie into something warmer and then we all headed to Caleb's preschool cookout. That was moved indoors, thank goodness. We all ate hot dogs and they had some indoor play equipment out for the kids. They all had a good time.

By the time we got home, we were all worn out from a very long day. Now I need to go rest up because we have nursery duty in the morning.

No comments: