Friday, October 24, 2008

October 24, 2008

This morning was dark and rainy. It would have been a perfect day for sleeping in. But, I drug myself up, got the kids ready and sent them off with Vic. I worked on laundry, drank too much coffee, and enjoyed the quiet morning.

I picked up Caleb and we headed home for our usual lunch and nap routine. While he slept, I cleaned up the house. I love quiet, rainy days. I felt bad for Nana and Poppa, though, who were heading our way today and driving in lots and lots of rain.

Parent pickup took forever this afternoon, as it always does on rainy days. We all headed home for a snack and waited for Nana and Poppa's much anticipated arrival. We have been counting down the days, and the kids were so excited.

Nana and Poppa arrived and the kids were thrilled. They bounced off the walls all night with excitement. I thought we would never get them to sleep tonight!

I think they are finally all asleep now and looking forward to a fun day tomorrow. I am going to go spend some time with Nana and Poppa now while it is quiet. :)

No comments: