Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31, 2008 Happy Halloween!


I started out the day with a shift at the book fair at Caleb's preschool. Caleb and I left early for that and left Vic to get the other two kids out the door on his own. He did, but Carson forgot his backpack. So, Vic had to get it to him. That was difficult since he couldn't think of the name of Carson's teacher when he got to the front office, lol. "Don't you all have records of these things?" He asked. Turns out, they do have records. I know that because I filled them all out. Probably 20 pages worth, at least.


The book fair was interesting because it was set up just outside of the sanctuary and there was a funeral going on this morning. Nothing like, "So sorry for your loss. Hey! How about some books?" Okay, so I didn't actually say that(or anything at all) to the funeral attendees, but that's kind of what it seemed like. To make matters worse, one of the attendants from the funeral home fell while carrying in some flowers and they had to call an ambulance. So then we had a funeral, EMS and a book fair. Lovely.


Soon it was time for Caleb's Halloween parade. It was funny watching the two year olds meander around. They are really bad at walking in a line. A couple of them made a run for the playground. After the parade we came inside for a party. Caleb thoroughly enjoyed eating the icing off his cupcake and pretty much ignored the rest of the food on his plate. After the party I took Caleb to Grammy & Grampy's house so he could take a nap there and I could get ready for the next two parties.


I ended up mixing up the batter for the cookies last night and saving the baking for today. So, I went home and baked three dozen cookies. Thankfully, they came out great. Then I headed off for more party fun in Jamie's class and Carson's class.


After the parties we picked up Caleb and headed home. Aunt Linda stopped by with cute gift bags full of treats for the kids. They especially liked the pumpkin whistle straws. I have told them they can enjoy them all they want . . . outside. :) The kids were also thrilled to get a package from Nana and Poppa with some Halloween stickers and money. Carson got a package of Pokemon cards with his, since he had won a bet with Nana about the glow-in-the-dark status of one of our Halloween decorations last weekend. He got a card in the pack that he really wanted, so he was very, very excited.


I got them dressed for trick or treating, which was no easy feat considering how sugared up and hyper they were, then we took pictures and they headed off with Vic. You'll notice in the pictures that Jamie decided her shamrock antenna headband was the perfect accessory for her ballerina princes dress. They were only supposed to go to our street and one other, so that we could head out to the Trunk-or-Treat at Grammy & Grampy's house, but they got a little carried away and trick or treated for about 1.5 hours. So, we decided not to go to the Trunk or Treat this year. They were all exhausted, and they already had tons of candy. I think we have enough candy to last for a year!


It was a very fun day, but I don't remember when I've been this tired. I am off to get some rest now!


Pictures from tonight, the class parties and last night's pumpkin carving fun are in our web album. There are three separate Halloween albums in there.

No comments: