Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 2008

This morning I got to walk to the firehouse with Jamie's class. So, we arrive at the firehouse with 40 pre-k kids (2 classes), and the firefighters are nowhere to be found. After a couple of cell phone calls to the school, the teachers discovered that the firefighters had gone to the school to see us. So, we got to hang out and wait with the 40 four year olds until they returned. Luckily, the firehouse is only one building down from the school. We heard the firefighters presentation, which wasn't much fun for me because I've heard this at least 6 times before as all the kids' classes do this every year, but the kids seemed to enjoy it. Plus, they looked super cute in their little Dalmatian hats that they had made. Too bad I forgot my camera. We went back to the school and I stayed for lunch with Jamie.

After that, I had exactly 20 minutes before I had to be in parent pick up line at Caleb's preschool. Perfect. Just enough time to stop in Publix for a few things. So, I'm in the Publix produce department grabbing a bag of pre-sliced apples (yes, I'm that lazy), and a Publix employee who is stocking the apple slices mumbles something to me about how women shouldn't be running the country. Okay, crazy lady, whatever. But then she starts ranting to me about the whole women-have-no-business-in-government thing, and about how McCain is too old to be president and when he dies Palin is going to bring her daughter's "bastard" child into the white house. So, then it became clear that this lady really is crazy. Great. So I'm inching away as she tells me that one of her sons is a pro football player and that she has tons of money. Oh, and by the way, she became pregnant with that son on her prom night after drinking too much alcohol. Don't worry, though, she doesn't drink anymore, and she's not voting for Obama because he's black. She just hates Palin. Okay, so you have to kind of giggle. I managed to get away from her with a "okay, then. Have a nice day!". So then I had to go find a manager to tell him about his nutty ranting employee cornering people in produce. Crazy lady and all, I still finished all my shopping in time to get to Caleb's school. I hope they get rid of her, though. I want to by my pre-sliced apples in peace.

Caleb and I came home, ate lunch, and then he took a nap as usual. We picked up the big kids just as the rain began to fall again today. It rained all afternoon and is still raining. It's a nice steady rain. The rest of the day was uneventful. We had meatloaf for dinner, got the kids in bed, and now I am looking forward to going to bed and listening to the rain. Right after I finish the dishes, the laundry and my bible study.

1 comment:

Carleigh said...

Wow, you win the "Most Patient with Crazy Lady" award! hahaha.