Jamie headed off to school this morning with Vic and Caleb and Carson hopped in the van with me and we took Carson to the doctor for his 7 year old check up(only about 7 months late). He was very brave and got a good report. He had to have his finger pricked and had to get one shot. I then got the flu mist vaccine for both boys. I have never given them flu vaccines before because of mercury in the shots. There is no mercury in the flu mist, but it is a live vaccine. So, here's hoping they don't get sick.
I took the boys by McDonald's for a hash brown and chocolate milk since Carson was so brave at the doctor's office. Then, I went by his school to check him in. His class was with their Spanish teacher when we arrived. I had a conference scheduled with his teacher for this afternoon, but when she saw me she asked if I 'd like to meet right then so I wouldn't have to come back. So, I agreed. Caleb played with some blocks very quietly while we talked. It made me a little nervous that he was so quiet. I kept looking over and expecting to see him quietly destroying something. But, he was very good. Carson's teacher said he is doing great. We just need to keep working on his spelling and handwriting. She also said she is recommending him for a speech evaluation because he pronounces the 'th' sound as an 'f' sound. He speaks very clearly other than that. So hopefully the speech therapist can correct it easily if he is accepted into the program.
Caleb and I went home for lunch after that and then Caleb took a nap. I had to wake him up to pick up Carson and Jamie yet again. We arrived back at home from parent pick up just as the rain began to fall, and it rained all evening. The kids were all pretty grouchy tonight. Maybe because they were stuck inside all afternoon. Vic had a meeting tonight and didn't get home until late. So, it was just me and the kids here tonight, and I was very, very happy when bedtime arrived! I think everyone, including me, needs some rest!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment