Monday, October 6, 2008

October 6, 2008

It was back to reality this morning for me, and what a Monday morning it was! The two girls who ride to school with us on Mondays got into a squabble over a seat in the van and one of them got punched in the nose. Then the puncher refused to budge from staring down her sister. Vic had to pick her up and buckle her into her seat. I dropped the three uninjured kids off at parent drop off and took the hurt one in to the school nurse. I had to sneak past the office because I didn't have my license and it is required to sign in, so it was a covert operation getting to the nurse. And, of course, I couldn't get her mom on the phone. So, after she calmed down and the nurse determined she would be fine, I took Caleb to his school and then stopped by the mom's office to tell her what had happened. Phew,what a way to start the day!

After that I went by Kroger for a few necessities and a venti pumpkin spice latte and then headed to the Y, where I managed to make it a whole 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. Then I headed over to pick up Caleb.

Caleb took a nap after lunch, and the quiet was very nice. I woke him up and we headed out to pick up Carson and Jamie, went home briefly for some homework and then headed back out to take Carson to gymnastics.

Vic brought home Carson and some pizza, so everyone was happy. Now they are all recharging for tomorrow. I hope the morning goes a little more smoothly!

No comments: