We had a much less eventful Monday morning this week, thankfully. The kids across the street didn't need a ride to school today, so it was just our three. After they headed off on the daddy bus, I spent a quiet morning working on laundry and making grocery lists.
I picked up Caleb and we made a quick stop by Kroger before heading home for lunch and a nice long nap for Caleb. After we picked up Carson and Jamie, Carson did some homework quickly and then got ready for gymnastics so fast that he actually had a few minutes to play outside before we left. One of the neighbors was out with her kids and she offered to watch Jamie while I took Carson to gymnastics. That was great, since it is so much easier to do anything with two kids instead of three!
On the way to the Y, I asked Carson what he wants for Christmas. It turns out he wants a piranha. How nice. We decided that a piranha would probably eat his frogs, plus I'm pretty sure it's illegal to own one as a pet in Georgia. So, we decided maybe some other, more friendly fish would be better. He also said he wants every type of Nerf dart gun there is and lots of extra ammo. So, I will be adding a giant bottle of Excedrin to my Christmas list and maybe some nerve pills.
Caleb and I dropped off Carson, Caleb talked me into a gumball from the machine at the Y, and then we headed home to play outside some more. The kids found a frog and that caused huge excitement. He was a pretty friendly frog and hopped right out of his hole to say hello. He quickly hopped away to a hiding spot in the flowers by the mailbox when we tried to pick him up, though. Vic and Carson got home with the pizza right then, and everyone went in for dinner. I'm sure the frog was happy.
Monday, October 13, 2008
October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment