Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15, 2008

This morning was a mad dash trying to get the house ready for the cleaning lady and get the kids out the door for school. After the daddy bus headed off and the maid arrived, I took off to walk the walking trail at the Y and then went by Walmart and did a little Christmas shopping for the kids. I can't believe it's only two months and ten days until Christmas!

The Christmas shopping was sort of a sidebar to the main reason for the Walmart trip. I was really there to see if I could get one of those giant spider Halloween decorations I have seen all over the neighborhood. They didn't have any. I'll have to try Target. Carson thinks the fake spider web I got isn't scary enough. I figured a giant spider might add some spook to it.

After that I picked up Caleb. His teacher said they finger painted today but that Caleb definitely prefers painting with a brush. I'm not surprised. He's the only one of our kids who likes to be neat, clean and orderly. We went home for our usual lunch and nap routine.

Grammy brought home Jamie today and took Carson back to her house to spend the night. Caleb, Jamie and I played outside for a while, but there were no other kids out and the bugs were biting, so we came back in a little early and I turned on Max and Ruby for them so I could make dinner in peace.

Tonight I did a little more Christmas shopping online. I want to have it all done before the tree goes up!

No comments: