Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13, 2008



I am happy to report that we didn't have to sit on the front row at church this morning! We even arrived in time to hear some of the announcements! I am not sure we have ever accomplished that in the past four or so years, so I am very proud. It is much more relaxing being in church with the kids when we're not right up front. I guess there's a good reason those are the last seats to fill up. :)

After lunch today, Vic, Carson and Jamie went over to Grammy & Grampy's house to have a Wii tournament. Brent and Linda went too. I stayed home to work on VBS stuff. Caleb stayed with me because he was supposed to take a nap. He never did, but that's okay. I still was able to get everything done for Bible school.

Tonight we set up our room at the church. It is pretty cool. Our VBS theme is "Faith Expedition", so we have a camping theme in our room. We have nylon netting over our door, a tent set up inside and sleeping bags spread out around a "campfire" that one of the parents made for us out of real wood, a fan and some orange and red tissue paper. The kids will sit on the sleeping bags for the bible story time. So, we will have our bible story around the campfire. I hope the kids like it. I also hope they don't destroy the pastor's tent. We'll see how it goes. :)

No comments: