Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22, 2008

I spent all of today doing laundry and starting to pack for our trip this weekend. I also cleaned up about 100 messes that the kids made, including a bunch of blueberries that were spilled on the floor and then smashed(but Jamie cleaned up most of that one), crushed up crackers courtesy of Caleb, spilled bag of dried beans(also Caleb), pee on the Wii Fit board and the wood floor(Caleb again but totally my fault for getting distracted in the middle of a diaper change), laundry on the floor, craft sequins on the floor, and popcorn. It seems the days when I need to get the most done the kids try their hardest to be sure I get nothing done.

I still accomplished a lot, though. Vic's poker night was supposed to be over here tonight, so I got the downstairs clean but found out at 6:30 that it was canceled. I also got all the laundry except one load done and some packing done.

The kids spent the day playing around the house. They went outside a little, but it was pretty hot so they didn't stay long. Around 5:00 I noticed that Caleb had been very quiet and went looking for him. After a couple of minutes of searching, I found him on the playroom floor in front of the couch. There was a pillow on the floor there with a pillowcase on it. He had crawled inside the pillow case with his head sticking out the top and fallen asleep. It was pretty cute. He looked very cozy. I took pictures, which I will post soon. I can't upload pictures right now because we need some kind of new cable for the printer first. I guess things got messed up when we added the new laser printer.

Tonight we picked up dinner from Applebee's, mostly just to get out of the house for a while, and also so I don't have to mess up the kitchen cooking. Now Carson and Jamie are still up, so I need to get them in the bed and then start picking up everything upstairs to get ready for the cleaning lady tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Banana Peels said...

I've just restarted reading your blog after a long absence, so this was the first blog I've read... where are you going to, and for how long?

I got a chuckle over you picking up the house just before the cleaning lady comes, lol. Sounds like me back in sg. Kinda defeat the purpose, dun ya think? ;)