Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 5, 2008

Vic and Carson left early this morning to go fishing. They didn't catch anything except for a small crab Carson scooped up in a net, and they threw that back. They still had a nice time and even went for a swim. They got home just as a big storm was moving in.

I did Bob Greene's workout this morning. Thank goodness it is only a 20-minute workout! I am so out of shape. I spent the morning hanging out with Caleb and Jamie and Vic and I spent the afternoon doing some cleaning out and getting a bunch of stuff together for Goodwill. We mostly cleaned out the closet in Caleb's room. His room used to be the guest room, so it accumulated a bunch of stuff that we didn't know where else to put.

We also took down the crib today and Vic hauled it off to Goodwill with the other stuff. That crib has been around here for seven years, so it was a little sad to see it go, but really only a little sad. I'm grateful for my three kids, and I am ready to watch them grow up. I'm looking at this as a sign that I will eventually get to sleep all night again!! Every night!!

Now I am going to go try to recover the downstairs from what the kids did to it while I was cleaning out the closet upstairs. It's amazing how quickly they can mess up the house! That's one of the reasons God makes them so cute. :)

No comments: