Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 20, 2008

Vic was ushering this morning, so he left for church an hour early. I skipped church and took the kids to Sunday School. After Sunday School, Vic took Carson and Jamie to the "Ice Slushy Store". He didn't even get himself one. I was very impressed since he is a huge Icee fan. He is trying to watch what he eats and cut down on sugar.

We grilled out steak and some veggies for lunch, which were very yummy! After that, we cleaned up around the house and I made a quick trip to Publix. When I got home, Carson had a friend over. I went up to Carson's room to check on them and found the door locked - a no no in our house. So, I knew they were up to something. I had heard a lot of commotion as I was walking to the door, but that's not unusual as they are always sword fighting or fighting some sort of alien bad guy. They let me in and his friend was hiding something behind his back. I got him to show me what it was and discovered that he had a BOX CUTTER with the blade out! Holy Moly! Apparently they had been over at his house while I was at Publix and he had picked it up and brought it over to our house. So, I walked him home and returned his weapon to his mother. Both boys have been sternly lectured. I hope they will not try anything like that again. Crazy kids!

Speaking of crazy kids, time to get them all in the bed now. I am really ready for some quiet time today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least they weren't playing with Happy Fun Ball.

mostlysunny said...

Yes, for that I am grateful; although the box cutter was a "Happy Fun Box Cutter for Kids" from the makers of Dif Spray and Knife Wrench.