Sunday, September 7, 2008

September 7, 2008

This morning was Sunday School promotion day at church. We had nursery duty and then Caleb got to go to Sunday school for the first time ever. He was excited about going to the "big class". When I peaked in on him, he and the other boys were pushing trucks around on the floor. His teacher said he made himself right at home. Jamie got to go to the 4 & 5 year old classroom for the first time today. She liked it, but complained that the class was too short. Carson is in a 1st and 2nd grade room, so he is staying in the same place this year.

We came home and our kids played for a few hours, plus some extra kids came over to play. Tonight we made a family trip to Target and Home Depot, and then came home and got the kids to bed.

A few minutes ago, Vic found this out on the brick wall:
What the heck is that thing? Is that a cicada? It looked like a freakish little alien, so I had to get pictures of it. Whatever it is, it is probably blinded from my flash now.


Update - it's out now:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeewwwww - that thing is creepy - is it alive??

I loved the videoes in yesterday's post. I think Caleb has the potential to be the next "Tiger Woods." =) That gymnastics place looks like fun - Carson will enjoy that. Does he still go to cub scouts?

Carleigh said...

Man, that thing is awesome! I have always wanted to see a cicada hatch. I used to love to play with the shell. Have fun! haha

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Amy. Thank you for supplying fodder for my nightmares for the next two weeks.