Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10, 2008




It sure was hard to get up this morning. This time change is rough. It's a good thing my little alarm clock, Caleb, doesn't have a snooze button on him, or I may have slept in.

Caleb and I went to Publix this morning where he scored a cookie from the bakery and a free balloon from the customer service desk. Later, we were in the office and he was sitting on my lap bouncing his balloon off the ceiling. The balloon busted, and I jumped about a foot out of my seat. Caleb thought it was hilarious. Then he went and got the two heart-shaped mylar balloons left over from Valentine's Day and tried bouncing them off the ceiling. He got pretty irate when they didn't pop.

While we were at Publix, he not only greeted everyone we passed, he also patted the seat next to him and invited them to "sit, sit, sit". I guess he figured there was no sense in wasting an empty seat in a car cart. Someone might as well enjoy it.

The kids were very grumpy this afternoon. Maybe it's the time change. I hope they adjust soon. Jamie didn't even want her picture taken. That's very unusual. She is usually jumping in front of the camera any chance she gets.

Today I made the spiciest soup ever for dinner. My Aunt Nancy sent me a recipe for spicy vegetable beef soup. Then, I decided to kick it up a notch by adding a can of Rotel with habanero peppers. What was I thinking? Whoa! I couldn't taste anything but hot. I was even sweating trying to eat it. Vic got home while I was getting the kids' pajamas on and came upstairs to ask me if I had spilled Tobasco sauce in the soup. At least we had a good laugh out of it. It's a good recipe. I will make it again with regular Rotel.

No comments: