Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 16, 2008

Last night we had some crazy weather. We lost power last night around 9:30, and then had a tornado warning around 10:45. It was a pretty scary storm, with very little rain(in our area), but lots of wind and that strobe-light type lightening. I found out today that our entire county was without power and all of a neighboring county was without power. I was so impressed that our power came back on at 5:30am. I don't know whose job it is to repair the power lines, but they are quick.

Jamie woke up shrieking at about 5:25 this morning. She is like me and is not a fan of the dark. So Vic went and brought her into our room. When the power came on 5 minutes later, she took full credit for it. "I did it, Daddy! I turned the power back on!"

We again skipped church this morning and just went to Sunday school, so Carson was once again very happy. I was up late because of the weather and then up with Jamie and Caleb at 5:30(Jamie's shrieks woke up Caleb). I ended up getting them both back to sleep and then I decided to sleep a little more, too.

After Sunday School we had a cookout at the church, which was fun and it was also very nice to not have to make lunch. Plus, Vic signed us up to bring chips to this shindig, so I didn't have to cook anything at all. :)

The rest of the day was unremarkable. We just hung around home and cleaned up and the kids played games and played outside. we had perfect weather today. Upper 70s and sunny.

Blogger tells me this is my 50th blog post. Woohoo! Here, to help me celebrate, are some lolcats.
Humorous PicturesHumorous Pictures


monorail cat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! sounds like y'all had quite a night. I'm glad you didn't have an actual tornado - I'm sure the wind and lightening and power outage were scary enough. I love the cat pictures - too funny!