7 Candles!
Our big boy is officially 7 now! He is very proud it that, too. I think he had a good day.
He started off the day with Grammy & Grampy, after spending the night there last night. Then, I think he had a pretty easy day at school, since it was the last day before a long weekend. Carson wanted to bring doughnuts to his class instead of cupcakes, so I brought in the Krispy Kremes this afternoon about 2:30. The kids were already hyped up because another mom had brought in doughnuts already earlier in the day. The teacher didn't know the other mom was bringing in treats. So, the sugar from the earlier doughnuts, plus the excitement of the holiday weekend ahead, plus more sugary doughnuts led to some crazy kids. I went ahead and took Carson home with me after we finished the doughnuts. After we picked up the little kids, he played with his friends outside until dinner time.
Tonight, we ordered Carson's favorite dinner, pepperoni pizza, and then he blew out candles on yet another doughnut. So, his birthday has certainly been sweet. After dinner, he played Pirates of the Caribbean with Vic and Uncle Brent online. He is finally in his bed now at 10PM. At least there is no school tomorrow, so he can sleep in.
Caleb went over to play with Grammy & Grampy this morning. He got to do some putting at the real golf course with Grampy. I wasn't there, but I'm sure this was super cool to him. He is crazy about golf, just like his Grampy. Jamie also had lots of fun playing with Grammy & Grampy after preschool today. They played outside a bunch and enjoyed the nice weather.
I am off to finish the dishes, watch Lost and get some rest!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
March 20, 2008 Happy 7th Birthday, Carson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like Carson had a fun birthday! I hope he got his singing telegram on your answering machine. =) HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARSON - Nana and Poppa love you!!
Amy, your post raises some serious questions about our birthdays growing up. Did mom ever bring in Krispy Kremes to school and then take us home after a half-day? I remember something about cupcakes and the class singing "Happy Birthday," but definitely no donuts and leaving early.
Hmm. That settles it. I'm taking a box of sweets with me to class this year and then walking out in the middle of lecture. I might even tell the professor to "talk to the hand." These pseudo-ivy league profs will appreciate something like that... I hope.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Happy Birthday, Carson!
Post a Comment