Friday, August 22, 2008

August 22, 2008

The preschool drama won out this morning and Jamie didn't go to her last day of Princess camp. I would have sent her, but with the wind whipping outside and the rain coming down, I decided not to argue. She wore her Cinderella dress all day and watched the Cinderella II DVD that we checked out from the library. Missing Princess camp definitely did not stop her from being a princess.

So, we all spent a nice quiet day at home. Well, except that the kids are getting stir crazy and there was very little quiet in the house. We went out for a few minutes this afternoon in the back yard when the wind had slowed, but it didn't seem safe with limbs hanging down on our big trees so we didn't stay long. I did get a few pictures. We went on one outing to Publix just for a few things, but other than that we stayed home all day.

This afternoon Carson had a couple of friends over who live on our street and they played Mario Kart. He is going to miss that game when it goes back on Sunday.

I made spicy soup for dinner tonight. It has been a while since I got to do that. I figured a rainy day was a great excuse, even if it's not cool outside. Vic knew what was coming this time and brought a 32 ounce cup of water to the table. mmmmmmm spicy soup

Here are pictures from our brief trip out to the back yard today:

No comments: