This morning we went to Sunday School then made our weekly stop by the ice slushy store before heading home for lunch. We basically spent the rest of the day staying around the house. Carson played Mario Kart and that monster fighting game that I never can think of the name of, Jamie lounged around a lot, saying she was tired. Funny how she doesn't seem so tired now that she's supposed to be sleeping. The kids also played outside a lot as the temperature was very nice today.
Tonight we all went out and returned the games and ran some errands. Vic saw in the paper that Walgreen's has Edy's ice cream on sale for $2.50. He couldn't wait to get there. The man loves his ice cream. I'm surprised he didn't just run out the back door, Forrest Gump style, when he read it. So, anyway, the boys dropped Jamie and I off at Publix and then they went to Walgreens so Vic could stock up on Edy's. I'm glad that he did. He got some of the light Butter Pecan and I must admit it is calling my name from the freezer right now. Yum.
We tried to get the kids in bed early tonight, since we have been a little slack with bedtimes this summer and now they need to get used to school night bedtimes again. We didn't so much succeed tonight. Good thing we have seven more nights left to try to get back on a regular schedule!
Back to school countdown: 8 more days!!!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You crack me up - you should be a writer! That is a good price on the ice cream - I wonder if our Walgreen's has that deal - I will check tomorrow. We are finally getting some rain - probably not as much as you got but we will take what ever we can get! Poppa told me you sent him a card last week - he told me it made his day!
Post a Comment