We had a fairly busy day today. This morning I took Jamie and Caleb over to Grammy & Grampy's house. Then I picked up Carson from camp and we headed to the hospital for his x-ray. We made a stop in the cafeteria, which has surprisingly good food, and then headed over to the imaging center. They were pretty quick and we were out of there in about a half an hour.
We had a little extra time, so I talked him into going to Target with me to look for some clothes for Caleb. Actually, I bribed him with the promise of an icee. He likes getting them at Target because he likes all the flavors and combines them all into his cup. Free refills are nice, too. So, we wandered around Target for a while and then headed over to pick up Jamie from camp.
I put a dress over Jamie's leotard and we headed straight from camp to open house at the kids' school. Their teachers both seem very nice. Carson has a few kids from last year's class in his new class, so he was happy about that.
When Jamie walked into her room, she immediately told the teacher her full name, including middle name and then announced that she didn't like her big brother because he is mean. After that, she went into the awesome kitchen play area in the classroom and made herself right at home. She can't wait to go back and play some more in the kitchen area. It is really cool. It is set up just like a real kitchen with wooden appliances, a small dining table, a phone, cooking supplies, food, decorations, there is even a set of car keys in a little basket on the counter. So cute! She is going to love that.
I am a little miffed that the supply list I got tonight for Carson was a little bit different from the one they sent home at the end of last year. I have had the supplies bought, labeled and packed into Carson's backpack for weeks now. So, I'm not as ready for the school year as I thought, but I'll fix that tomorrow.
After the open house, we came home, I made a quick dinner and then headed off to WW as soon as Vic got home. I lost 1 pound since last week! Yay! :)
Off to bed now. I am worn out from the busy day.
Back to school countdown: 4 more days!!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment