We went to Walmart this morning because Caleb needed a new set of plastic golf clubs and because we needed something to do, so I told Jamie and Carson they could each have $5 to spend too. They were pretty excited about this idea. Carson chipped in $3 of his own money and got a pretty cool Nerf dart gun for himself. Jamie chose a ballerina Barbie doll, and Caleb ended up getting two golf sets because they were discounted to $4 and I figured I could put one away for later since these things somehow disappear fairly quickly. I don't know where all the clubs are going. He must have a stash somewhere, or maybe they are under beds or under the couch in the playroom.
So, this completely made the kids' day. Carson had fun shooting the dart gun all over the house and astonishingly didn't get it taken away all day. Jamie played with all her Barbies, and Caleb was completely thrilled with his new golf set. Of course, he talked me into opening the second one, too. Then he combined all the clubs into one bag and didn't depart from it all day. It's beside him in bed right now.
Later in the afternoon the kids from across the street came over and stayed to eat pizza with us for dinner.
Now, I am going to go downstairs to watch a movie with Vic. I chose last time and he had to sit through Dan in Real Life(which I liked, but he found to be a little lacking in excitement), so this time he's choosing and we're watching Rambo 2008. Can't wait! I will probably fold some laundry while we watch so I can hide behind a towel if it gets too gory.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment