This morning, Caleb and Jamie had lots of fun at the pool with Grammy & Grampy. Carson decided he'd had enough of swimming this week at camp and stayed home. He played with a friend and with a little girl who is staying with her grandparents across the street.
Of course, they all played with the new squirt guns, and, of course, I had forgotten that Caleb's squirt gun still had the dye cartridge in it. Ah yes, so I got to walk home with the little girl and apologize for the fact that I sent her home looking like a smurf. Her mother was very nice about it, thankfully. What on earth was I thinking buying those things?
This afternoon we had kid central at our house, at one point we had 8 kids here, including ours. For most of the afternoon we had six. Jamie had a friend over, plus the new friend who had been dyed blue earlier. Plus, Carson had a friend over too. So, the kids all had a good day.
I had a pretty good day, too, but got next to nothing done after trying to manage the kids all afternoon. I am glad that Jamie is making some friends on the street, though. She always wants to play with Carson's friends, and that doesn't go over too well.
Jamie is so excited about starting school. She asks me every morning if she gets to go to her new school today. I think she mostly wants to play with the kitchen set. I hope she likes it as much as she thinks she will. :)
I think Carson is excited about it too. The teacher asked at open house that the kids be thinking about what they are looking forward to in the school year so that they can discuss it on the first day of school. So, I asked Carson today what he was looking forward to. He said, "making some good grades!" :)
Time for some towel folding fun now and then off to bed.
Back to school countdown: 2 more days!!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment