Today was a tiring day. Carson went to his last day of camp today. He was happy because they got a lot of free time today, so he got to jump off the spring board into the foam pit lots of times. After we picked him up, we went and got lunch and then ate it in the car on the way to take Jamie to camp.
We dropped off Jamie and I got to chase a very tired Caleb down in the gymnastics room. I ended up actually diving across a mat and grabbing him by the shirt. So, that was more than a little embarrassing. Then, instead of taking him home for a nap like a sane person would, I took him and Carson to Walmart. I can't stand not being ready for the first day of school. I have control issues, darn it. I have to be prepared. So, I just couldn't wait to get to Walmart to buy the things I needed off of the new list I was given last night. So that was about as much fun as you might imagine.
Then, just to prove that I really wasn't thinking sanely, I bought each of the kids a squirt gun that was on clearance for $3 at Walmart. Why is that insane, you ask? Because the squirt gun shoots colored water. So the boys tried out the guns when we got home and within about 10 minutes there was blue dye all over the driveway, Carson, the kitchen floor, the kitchen counters, the downstairs bathroom and me. And I don't mean blue dye mixed with water, this was full-strength blue dye. Carson's wasn't working right, so he pulled out the dye cartridge and the lid got stuck in the squirt gun and the rest is history. I have thrown away the remaining tubes of dye. They can just squirt regular water.
Then, we went to pick up Jamie and Caleb finally fell asleep on the way there, so I got to lug the sleeping toddler across the parking lot and into the building and back to the van again. It was better than chasing him down in the gymnastics room, though. Jamie enjoyed her last day of camp too. They got extra free time, too, and she was happy to get to jump on the trampoline. She did get a scratch on the side of her face. She said she was trying to walk on the balance beam with her eyes closed, just to see what it was like to walk on a balance beam with her eyes closed. It didn't go too well.
After we got home, the kids played with their friends for a while and then we ate dinner and tried to get the kids in bed early, which didn't go well at all due to Caleb's brief but late nap. I can't wait to get some rest tonight!
Friday, August 29, 2008
August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment