Jamie and I had a girls' morning out this morning while Caleb and Carson had fun over at Grammy & Grampy's house. We started out the morning by going to get a haircut for Jamie. We went to one of those kid-themed places, and she wanted to sit in the Barbie jeep, but she ended up having to stand the whole time her hair was cut. I guess because her hair was so long. At least she got to watch Dora Dance to the Rescue during the haircut. The lady cut it a little shorter than I expected, and shorter than Jamie expected too. She told me after we left that she missed her old hair. She couldn't flip her head down and then back up and have it cover her face anymore. She demonstrated, and, sure enough, it doesn't work anymore. I told her it will grow fast. In the mean time, it really is cute. Maybe she just needs some time to get used to it.
After that, we went and picked up her recital DVD from the dance studio, and she wanted to eat lunch at the "Bubble Gum restaurant", which is actually a Mexican restaurant nearby that has a bubble gum machine in the waiting area. So we enjoyed our lunch and then she got a gumball before picking up Caleb. Carson is spending the night with G&G.
Caleb took a long nap when we got home, and the kids from across the street came over and played with Jamie until dinner time.
It was a very rainy day all day today. No storms, just nice steady rain all day. It made for a peaceful afternoon, even with four kids in the house. I loved it! Plus, it was nice and cool. It is only 80 degrees right now. It is nice to have a little taste of fall in August.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love Jamie's hair - she looks beautiful! Her hair will be easier to comb now - I know she doesn't like anyone to comb it. =) The weather has been cooler up here too - we better enjoy it while we can.
Post a Comment